"Let me Google it." In the age of digital media, these four words have become synonymous in debates, answering tough questions and, most notably, tracking down reliable businesses. The power of technology and the internet is used by every single professional. The goal is often national or global reach. There is no reason why law firms should not join the bandwagon. As more and more businesses take advantage of the benefits of internet marketing, any business that does not see the need to keep an active online presence will lose out to the other forward-thinking firms.
Current marketing trends help to inform your law firm on online marketing trends. This is especially important for small firms with limited marketing budgets and resources that want to maket and drive traffic to their website for lead generation.
Google recently completed a research from FindLaw and their own data that provides a look at the legal marketing trends that will help you shape your legal marketing online:
- "74% of prospects beginning a search online end up contacting the office via phone. (FindLaw U.S. Consumer Legal Needs Survey 2014)
- 87% of people who contact an attorney go on to hire an attorney and 72% of them only contact one attorney. (FindLaw U.S. Consumer Legal Needs Survey 2014)
- 96% of people seeking legal advice use a search engine. (Google Consumer Survey, Nov 2013)
- 38% of people use the Internet to find an attorney. (FindLaw U.S. Consumer Legal Needs Survey 2014)
- 62% of legal searches are non-branded (i.e., generic: “Phoenix divorce attorney,” etc.). (FindLaw U.S. Consumer Legal Needs Survey 2014)
- 74% of consumers visit a law firm’s website to take action. (Google Legal Services Study Sept 2013)
- 25% of people researching legal topics visit YouTube during the process. (YouTube Internal Data 2012)
- 85% use online maps to find legal service locations. (Google Legal Services Study Sept 2013)
- 69% use both a smartphone and a PC for research. (Google Legal Services Study Sept 2013)
- 31% of all law firm related website traffic comes through mobile search (FindLaw Aggregated Hosted Site Data 2014)
- 71% of people looking for lawyer think it is important to have a local attorney. (FindLaw U.S. Consumer Legal Needs Survey 2014)”
The day to day requirements of your law practice usually don’t allow you the time to learn an entire new field in this case Digital or Internet Marketing) . We all know something about Internet Marketing, but do we really know the components of it? Do we know how the components of Internet Marketing come together to move your law firm to the top of where you want to be in the digital marketing world?
Attorneys Internet marketing has various techniques to increase your overall web presence generally such as ..
SEO is comprised of several online methods to provide your business an online presence and drive potential traffic. Such as on-page and off-page strategies and techniques employed to increase the visibility of your website and drive traffic resulting in improved rankings and placement in the search results of a search engine page.
SMO Build Your Social Presence Make sure your brand is everywhere. Search engines increasingly use social media indicators in their ranking algorithms. Meet & Connect with more people on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Build authority as you build a following.
Email Marketing for Law Firms is one of the old and effective ways. Email campaigning with detailed information, descriptions about your company and let the people to know what your website is saying about your firm, practice or area in general.
How is Internet Marketing useful to attorneys?
- IT GETS YOUR FIRM WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE: With around 96% of those seeking legal services using web searches, you want to be the first firm listed on the response page. Internet Marketing generates the traffic to your site necessary to get you there. When a potential client is searching for a firm you want your online presence and visibility such so you are before the traffic.
- INTERNET MARKETING IS COST EFFECTIVE AND SUSTAINABLE: With a fixed monthly fee, you know your cost. Additionally, SEO builds on itself, creating lasting effects in the online for your firm without having to pay for click and other more costly options.
- IT INCREASES AWARENESS ABOUT YOUR LAW FIRM: With a strong online presence created by various Internet marketing and SEO techniques, your firm will consistently appear in not only searches but also on other online marketing platforms. You can connect your firm to projects and efforts outside law that you are involved in.
- INTERNET MARKETING PROVIDES YOUR FIRM WITH HARD DATA REGARDING YOUR INVESTMENT: Internet marketing provides for feedback in the form of hard numbers to see who visits your page, how often and what specifically the interested person is clicking on. This enables you to watch your investment dollars and see where more effort can be used to promote your law farm and what is working for you.