Your website can do a lot of work for you without you even lifting a finger. It works for you 24/7 without any rest while you get busy with other important things like running your business. Its job is to attract people, captivate and find you new customers. On many websites, businesses tend to focus on bringing general traffic rather than focusing on how the website will attract and bring new customers. Creating a good website and investing in it will bring customers which is a big win for every business no matter how large or how small. Building a website from scratch may seem a little challenging but here are some useful, successful and trusted tips you can use whether you want to create a new web or fix the existing web.
1. Give people with what they want.
Whatever you put in your website must be eye catching, people must not spend much time going through your website trying to find what they want. If it takes them time to find what they want they can just easily switch to another website. Do not put too much information, just put the important information where people can easily make a decision when they see it. Find out what the customer really wants and focus on that. You can find out what the customers are looking for by checking other related websites.
2. Build a website with content that has clear views.
Do not waste time trying to convince people with no interest. You need to know who exactly you’re targeting and understand them. Find out what they are interested in, what are they trying to pursue and their challenges. Discuss it with your sales and customer service team they have what the customers want in mind because they talk and deal with them daily.
3. Create great content for potential buyers. For every stage of the journey you need to create different content. Here’s how you can write for different stages.
- Where people need to be aware: The main focus should be one the problem or challenge.
- Where people need to consider your offer : Where the potential customer looks deeper for solutions.
- Where people need to make a decision: Where the potential buyer makes the decision on which is the best product for them.
4. Working with a problem solving structure.
Visitors don’t want to know about the greatness of your product only but they want to know on how they will benefit from your product. Contents about your product should have benefits or solutions for your customers. To get attention from your customers firstly write about their problems and then write about solutions provided by your product.
5. Provide a clear action.
You should not expect people who visit your website to know what steps they are expected to take next. Give clear instructions that they need to follow.
6. Write as if you are talking to your reader or having a discussion. Writing as if you are having a conversation with your reader makes a website building very powerful and more interesting. These are some of the benefits you could get:
- Everything you write becomes very easy to understand.
- You can easily earn the trust of the reader and all their attention because they feel like whatever is written is written specifically for them.
- Due to the interest and trust you will gain more conversations and engagements with your website content.
Ways to write as if you having a conversation with visitors. Research web pages and look at their landscape pages and their content. Try to edit them by:
- Summarizing their sentences.
- Remove the difficult words and other things they could possibly confuse readers.
- Change the tone.
- Use the word “you” to show the importance of the customer
- Write by trying to answer any possibly questions from the reader.
7. Maintain an nuetral tone.
Try to strike and use a nuetral tone throughout the website content pages. You might also include links that the reader might need to use in order to continue with the journey. On other products you might need to add something that will keep customers entertained like animations or memes.
8.Briefly give as much information as you can.
Think carefully about what you are going to write about its very important. You need to give a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive. Come up with smart solutions that people need. Everything you write about should be easy to understand which means, keep it simple. Be clear about the people you want to target whether you want to target young or old, male or female and or married or single.
9. Write for people who don’t have time to read.
Most people don’t like to read long paragraphs, they just want to find answers to their questions, scan and and move on. They simply click on the first link they find to see if it has what they are looking for. Research shows that approximately 20% of people read the whole content to the end. So whatever you write about must be eye catching and also contain useful information. Write for people who don’t like to read or people who will scan the content.
- Make a very interesting headline.
- Write things in their simplest form.
- Use punctuation marks.
- Make space in between your writing.
- Write in point form.
- Write short paragraphs with the main information, it may just be two or three sentences in each paragraph.
- Describe things in subheadings
- Find a way to highlight the important words, you could write them boldly or in an italic form or even underline them.
- Use different writing fonts.
By using those ways you could target a lot of people on your web. Provide people with what they really need or looking for .